Home » Formal Letter of Introduction

Formal Letter of Introduction

02/02/2021

160 Convent Ave, New York, NY 10031

Hello Professor Rodwell,

My name is Nadeem Alli. I am currently pursuing an Electrical Engineering degree in City College in the Grove School of Engineering. I am currently 19 years old and the eldest sibling within my household, so I was very unsure of what major I wanted to study in the future, so I let my parents decide. Initially, I was attempting to learn Aviation Maintenance, but due to COVID-19, it shut down the school I was practicing at and preventing me from following a career in maintenance. When I was introduced to a technical high school, it created a liking to electrical engineering or engineering in general. However, due to COVID-19 and the new online learning, my interests have dulled because I’m at home all day staring at a screen so I picked up a new hobby and liking to the stock market over the pandemic and although I do not have that much knowledge on how to trade stocks or pursue a career within the stock market, I have started to dedicate more time and effort towards it in hopes of having that knowledge in the future. As for Electrical Engineering, I still plan on pursuing it because I am aware that often individuals do not know what they want to follow or what they want in a few years, so in case the stock market does not work out or cannot support me full time I would still have a bachelor’s in engineering, so I do not end up homeless or jobless in the future.

Electrical Engineering is still interesting to me, but I do not have the same enthusiasm as before. I believe this mainly occurred because of the lack of hands-on and physical work I have to do, since we are online I can’t work with my hands-on school projects that I would be doing in a college campus setting. I still think that Engineering will be very useful in the future since a wide variety of technological advances are being developed and the need for Engineers are rising because more computer and AI-based technologies are being used in everyday life. I believe this will result in higher job demand for electrical engineers to upkeep the technologies and help maintain them. Electrical Engineering in the long term is a solid long term career path to follow, it provides much more than the stock market in terms of health care and other benefits, and room for growth, but I still want to pursue both paths because they both provide different benefits that I would need in the future. The Stock market is often seen as a gamble, when in reality there is tons of statistics and numbers behind everything, and with the right amount of research I think it can be quite an interesting field to follow, which is why I definitely see myself studying it in the future, whether its part time or full time.

Sincerely,

Nadeem Alli